Saturday, March 28, 2009

I've got the used car blues!?

Hello all--I%26#039;m not sure what I should do.





I%26#039;ve got this 1996 Ford Taurus that barely runs. It%26#039;ll start but it makes this horrible rattling clinking noise whenever you push the accelerator. Sometimes while driving, the transmission slips and won%26#039;t catch into the next gear so I have to put it in reverse and then back in drive. I%26#039;m pretty sure it%26#039;s going to blow up.





I no longer want this car because I am moving halfway across the country and no longer need a vehicle. How should I go about selling this car? Do you think anyone will buy it? How much do you think it%26#039;s worth? What should I say in the ad?
I%26#039;ve got the used car blues!?
you could always put it on ebay and list it as breakable for spares only....?
I%26#039;ve got the used car blues!?
The ad should say %26quot;as is%26quot; and if you go to KBB and see fair condition on a private party, that%26#039;s what you might get for it, but remember there%26#039;s lots of other cars in the same shape as yours for sale, so you might want to take best offer.
Reply:Looks like honesty will be your friend in this case...if I were to imagine it listed on EBay, your question here more or less is your auction listing:





%26quot;1996 Ford Taurus that barely runs. It%26#039;ll start but it makes this horrible rattling clinking noise whenever you push the accelerator. Sometimes while driving, the transmission slips and won%26#039;t catch into the next gear so I have to put it in reverse and then back in drive.


I no longer want this car because I am moving halfway across the country and no longer need a vehicle.%26quot;





Open bidding at $750 or something and see where it ends up. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment