Saturday, March 28, 2009

How much does it cost to move a car from New England to Cali?

I just bought a new car (well, used, but new for me) and I%26#039;m looking at several jobs in California. I%26#039;m trying to figure out which would be better - taking several days, paying for gas, and accumulating all those miles to drive across the country; or pay for the airplane tickets (two of %26#039;em), and pay someone to carry the car across the country? Obviously it would be nice not to put all those miles on it and pay for all that gas, and a whole lot more comfortable. I%26#039;m just trying to see how much it would cost to have my car shipped across the country, and whether any of you have done it? Is it worth it?
How much does it cost to move a car from New England to Cali?
Depending on the mode of transportation it could cost from $1.25 per. mile to $2.75 per, mi. If you are lucky enough to find some one you trust to drive it for you or have it hauled by a commercial hauler. I don%26#039;t see how you can fly out there and have the vehicle hauled and still save money. I charge $1.50 per mi. per car. That may sound expensive but at $4.35 to $5.00 a GAL. for Diesel plus wear and maintenance. that%26#039;s cheap. Some commercial haulers are charging $3.00 %26amp; up per mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment