Saturday, March 28, 2009

I am wanting to buy a GPS. What is the best system for the price?

I am wanting to get a GPS for a new thing I was told about called GEOCACHING, my husband and I are looking for more things (hobbies) to do together and this sounds fun and interesting. We need to purchase a GPS, but we are not familiar with these systems we dont really want to purchase something that we will end up having problems with or we don%26#039;t want to regret buying it due to some advise from a salesman, then hearing that there is a better one out there for better price from someone else.. Also could probably pick up anything cheaper online and would rather educated ourselves about them before hand. Any information is appreciated:)
I am wanting to buy a GPS. What is the best system for the price?
I am not an expert on GPS units by any means, but I can tell you that Consumer Reports rates the Garmin Nuvi 660 as its highest rated, recommended unit for the money.


It runs about $350 retail.





Other recommended units include:


Garmin 760 ($500)


TomTom Go 730T ($500)


TomTom One 130 ($200)


Garmin Nuvi 260W ($320)
I am wanting to buy a GPS. What is the best system for the price?
Magellan.
Reply:you can get a gps for less than 150 dollars and it is as accurate as any of the rest of them. The high priced ones have features that you will never use and they up the price to make it %26#039;%26#039;seem%26#039;%26#039; as though it is better.


As an example you may want to read the story of %26quot;%26quot;high karate after shave lotion%26#039;%26#039; a classic story in merchandising.

No comments:

Post a Comment