Saturday, March 28, 2009

I bought a car about 6 months ago from a small dealership and I think it's a lemon. What can I do?

I spoke with the owner about the many problems I have had with my vehicle and who told me that there was nothing that they could do, that I should have bought the warranty when I bought the car, but I was never told about this warranty. He told me I must have been told because it is an incentive for his sales people. I asked my parents (who co-signed and helped me find the car) neither one heard of any warranty. Is there anything I can do? (Especially since there aren%26#039;t any lemon laws in Canada)
I bought a car about 6 months ago from a small dealership and I think it%26#039;s a lemon. What can I do?
poor guy
I bought a car about 6 months ago from a small dealership and I think it%26#039;s a lemon. What can I do?
Nothing you can do about it, particularly 6 months later.





No warranty means just that. Once you leave the lot, you take responsibility for any and all problems with no comebacks to the dealer.





The sales people arent required to offer you warranty, and if they know the car is a bucket and has problems, they wont offer you warranty as they dont want comebacks.





Better luck next time.
Reply:Lemon laws do not apply to used cars. Did you have the car inspected and checked out prior to it%26#039;s purchase? There is nothing you can do since you bought it as-is and it was 6 months ago. Use this as a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment